Tuesday, February 19, 2019

After Class, wk 07

This paper from 1995 was recommended to me.
Julie Dorsey
https://repository.upenn.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1072&context=hms


I don't know how this relates to my work. This went completely over my head.

note-- my overall goals as outlined below have not really changed over the course and are still very similar to my original mock project from DIGM501 last term. The technology solutions have evolved, but the overall goal is the same. I wish we had a little more overlap/continuity in the sequence of these courses because at this point I seem to be repeating myself.

--

Pitch: I want to scan things

Paragraph Description: My goal this term is to research accessible reality capture tools and techniques to recreate a real world location in an interactive realtime game environment. Ultimately the goal is to produce a beautiful virtual space, but might also have applications in digital conservation/archiving efforts. My main tools are a DSLR camera, photogrammetry software, standard game asset production tools, and a game engine.


Week 7 - Repeat steps to create game ready assets with the larger roomscale pointcloud data. (See https://tasha3d.blogspot.com/2019/02/getting-game-ready-models-out-of-3df.html)



Week 8 - Decide on game engine solution. Import all assets into engine. Test with other assets in room. Begin lighting.


Week 9 - Continue lighting work, atmospheric effects, and something dynamic.


Week 10 - Flex week, address issues/polish. If time, build a simple interaction (ex, a lightswitch, a simple quicktime event.)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Quain Courtyard pt 4, mild success