Monday, February 11, 2019

The Smokers Deck pt 1

I hunted around for a new location to shoot (something outside, but enclosed and roomspace, with natural elements) and found a 'smokers deck' in Drexel's Main Building.



Apologies for the turbulent fly through. 3DF Zephyr has terrible animation tools!


I did a quick mesh decimation (the built in tools are ok, but I used ZBrush's Dynamesh and re exported) and have begun retopo-ing.

I also recorded the ambient sounds from the location, 5 minutes of white noise, on my phone. It's low quality, but I think will be a nice touch.

Next steps are finishing the retopo, UV unwrapping, re-baking the color and bump detail (albedo and normal). Finally, pulling this new asset into a game engine like Unity (although... I'm leaning towards Unreal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Quain Courtyard pt 4, mild success